1 pound cubed butternut squash
1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 large (24 oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 small onion, diced
2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger root, grated
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cardamom
½ tsp coriander
½ tsp turmeric
1-2 tsp real maple syrup
Organic Girl Super Greens
Pepper and Real Salt to taste
Hemp seed (for garnish)
Fresh ground pepper (for garnish)
1. Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger in the coconut oil until onion is wilted.
2. Add a large can of organic crushed tomatoes to pan.
3. Add: garbanzo beans, cinnamon, cardamom, turmeric, salt, pepper, maple syrup, and butternut squash.
4. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until squash is tender. Turn off heat.
5. Add a large handful of Organic Girl Super Greens and stir to wilt.
6. Serve over cooked brown basmati rice.
7. Top with hemp seeds and fresh ground pepper.
|Do you have a funny or interesting story about your recipe|
I had this lovely cubed organic butternut squash I found at Costco in the fridge. I didn't know what I was going to do with it when I bought it but when I opened the fridge the next day, and saw it, this hearty recipe adopted from one of my sweet potato recipes was born.