1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
2 cups chopped parsley
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions
1/2 cup finely chopped mint
1 large English hothouse cucumber, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 firm ripe tomatoes
crips lettuce leaves
1/4 cup lemon juice mixed with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Bring quinoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
2. Meanwhile prepare parsley. Wash well, shake off excess moisture and remove thick stalks. Wrap in a tea towel and place in refrigerator to crisp and dry.
3. Spread out quinoa on a large baking sheet; let cool. Transfer to a large bowl; mix in 1/4 cup dressing. Chill.
4. Chop parsley fairly coarsely, measure and add to quinoa with mint.
5. Beat olive oil with lemon juice and stir in sea salt and pepper. Add to salad and toss well.
6. Peel and seed tomatoes and cut into dice. Gently stir into salad. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
7. Serve in salad bowl lined with crisp lettuce leaves. Lemon and sea salt mixture is in a jug so that it may be added according to individual taste.