1 cup chopped soaked and pitted dates
1 cup chopped walnuts
½ cup flax seeds
2 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ cup mashed very ripe banana
2 Tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
Optimal topping suggestions: shredded organic unsweetened coconut, cinnamon, chopped nuts, etc.
1. Soak pitted dates in filtered water until soft.
2. Chop dates and walnuts into smaller pieces.
3. Blend walnuts in food processor.
4. Add in dates, flax seeds, banana puree and lemon juice and zest and shredded coconut.
5. Blend in food processor or blender until smooth and well mixed.
6. Remove mixture and place in a bowl. If the mixture is too soft, place in the freezer for around 15 minutes to firm up.
7. Remove from freezer and roll into truffle sized balls.
8. Roll in topping of your choice.
9. Chill until ready to serve.